Summer is the ultimate time to rest and relax during long, warm, sunny days. But just because the summer is ending doesn’t mean the relaxation has to end, too! Fall is a great time to pamper yourself with self-care, especially before the stress of the winter season begins. Anxious to host Thanksgiving this year? Or stressing about getting your loved ones the perfect holiday gifts? Unwind with a spa day!
Whether you’re visiting a professional spa or trying out an at-home DIY spa treatment, there are plenty of reasons to treat yourself this season. Take a look at some of the best reasons to pamper yourself this fall:
- It’s no secret that relaxing can significantly improve your mood. Studies show that taking part in spa activities like a bath or even a relaxing swim in the pool can release oxytocin, the hormone that makes you happy. Even a quick treatment like a manicure or pedicure can work wonders for your mood!
- Like your mood, partaking in some spa activities can relieve you of anxiety, easing some of your fatigue and bringing you a burst of energy. Taking time for yourself for an hour or two once a week can reduce stress levels. And remember, “spa” activities don’t have to be the typical facial or massage that most people think of; it could be playing around with paints, writing in your journal, engaging in a hobby, or even just taking a nap!
- While mood and anxiety represent some of the mental benefits of relaxation, there are also plenty of physical health benefits. Focused and intentional relaxation can:
- Lower blood pressure
- Balance blood sugar levels
- Ease muscle tension
- Manage chronic pain
- Improve digestion
- Improve your sleeping patterns
- Skin and Hair. Spa treatments are, of course, great for keeping your hair and skin looking healthy and young. Whether you’re looking for a luxury, professional treatment or need a budget-friendly product, regular treatments will keep wrinkles and blemishes away from your skin and your hair shiny and hydrated, all while giving you an indulgent experience! Looking for some good products to keep at home? We recommend a good cleanser and moisturizer for your skin and a treatment mask, scalp scrub, and oil for your hair.
Salon James offers professional salon and spa services in Baton Rouge and surrounding areas. Choose from a range of salon services such as hair, nails, facials, makeup, and massages, as well as any of our spa day packages. Relax as we pamper you! Visit our website to book an appointment today, or call us at (225) 636-2220.