January has come and gone, but one thing’s for sure: the trendiest styles of the year are already emerging. If you skipped a hair refresh at the beginning of the year, now’s the perfect time to review some of the hottest new styles we’ve seen people rocking so that you can give yourself a fresh, new look for 2023. And the good news is there’s a style for everyone on this list!
Here are some of the new hairstyles we see in 2023:
- Short Hair. Hair professionals everywhere are seeing a rise in the popularity of shorter hairstyles. From pixie cuts, jaw-length bobs, fringes, and shoulder-length “lobs” to even a classic French bob, short hair is making a huge comeback. Professionals predict this shift to short locks because of the need many people have to “restart,” especially after a couple of particularly challenging years!
- Butterfly Hair. If you want to try shorter hair but aren’t ready for the shift, then Butterfly Hair may be the perfect cut. Butterfly hair features short, face-framing layers while keeping your long locks, creating a ton of volume while giving you the illusion of shorter hair. Though this is best for people with wavy or curly hair, this is a hairstyle that almost anyone can rock.
- Long Layers. Keeping your long hair? No problem. Add some volume and movement to your locks by putting in some long layers. Longer layers are easy to maintain and look great with wavy hair with a little movement or texture. This hairstyle will surely be big this season when paired with some bouncy curls or a fresh blow-dry.
- C-Cut. The C-Cut is a modern version of the ’70s and ’90s revival cuts we’ve seen in the past few years. Instead of cutting hair and layers into a point like the letter V, more people are cutting their hair into a U or a C shape, giving the V cut a softer, more rounded edge. Think of it as the ever-popular Rachel hairstyle that was so popular in the ’90s, except much softer and less focused on framing your face. It will give your hair a ton of natural movement and make it look thicker, too!
- Curtain Bangs. Curtain bangs aren’t going anywhere! These longer, face-framing bangs work with almost any hairstyle and length while adding a subtle touch of modern style to your look. Curtain bangs should be between a solid bang and a fringe, with more length at the sides so you can tuck it behind your ear. Aim for your curtain bangs to land between your eyebrows and the tip of your nose for an ideal length.
Get your next haircut at Salon James! We have a variety of professional salon and spa services for those in Baton Rouge and surrounding areas. Here you can choose from a range of salon services such as hair, nails, facials, makeup, and massages. We also have day spa packages available.
Relax as we pamper you! Visit our website to book an appointment today, or call (225) 636-2220.