Making your hair look and feel salon fresh is possible at home – all it takes is the right products. But with so many hair products available, how do you know which ones are worth your money? And on top of that, what products are the best for your needs? Fortunately, the stylists and professionals here at Salon James have tried and tested hundreds of products to recommend (or discourage!) to you!
Take a look at some of the products we consider MUST HAVE hair care products:
- Leave-In Conditioner. Leave-in conditioner is excellent for detangling your hair, adding hydration, and helping your hair fight off frizz. We especially love the OUAI Leave-In Conditioner, which makes your hair softer and more manageable than ever. Just a few sprays after washing your hair, and voila!
- Hair Oil. If you need to add extra moisture and shine to your strands, hair oil is the way to go. This is especially true if your hair is already dry or if you have a few split ends that could use some extra hydration. Try the Moroccanoil Treatment Hair Oil or the Sol de Janeiro Nourishing Hair Oil; both of these are made with natural ingredients and can even be used to tame some of your loose flyaways.
- Dry Shampoo. Let’s face it; we choose not to wash our hair now and then, even if it needs a good and thorough cleaning. Dry shampoo is the secret to making your hair look and feel clean in between washes. There are a ton of dry shampoos on the market, so believe us when we say that the Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo is THE dry shampoo to get! It makes your hair feel clean without applying too much chalky powder, adds volume, and has a subtle and fresh scent that will have even you believing that your hair is freshly washed. Need something a little more budget friendly? Try the Batiste Original Dry Shampoo to get great results for an even better price.
- Scalp Scrub. If you notice an itchy scalp, your first thought may be lice. But don’t worry, many people experience an itchy scalp due to excess product build-up. You can easily solve this with a nice scalp scrub to get off all that product you’ve layered on your hair. We love the Nexxus Clean and Pure Scalp Scrub, which also doubles as a nourishing shampoo.
- Heat Protectant. Heat protectant is one of the most necessary yet underused products in haircare, but if you’re frequently heat styling your hair, you’ll need it. Protectant ensures that your hair doesn’t burn or get overly damaged from the heat and can even make your hairstyle last longer, so you don’t have to continue putting heat on your hair. The Advanced Hairstyle SLEEK IT Iron Straight Heatspray from L’Oreal Paris is one of our favorite heat protectants available.
- Olaplex. The Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 Repairing treatment is one of the best ways to truly nourish and repair your hair from any and everything you’ve been doing to it. Use it once a week for a professional hair treatment at home, and get stronger, healthier, and shinier hair that visibly reduces breakage. This is a must-have for anyone, no matter your hair type!
Salon James has a variety of professional salon and spa services for those in Baton Rouge and surrounding areas. Here you can choose from a range of salon services such as hair, nails, facials, makeup, and massages. We also have day spa packages available.
Relax as we pamper you! Visit our website to book an appointment today or give us a call at (225) 636-2220.