First, I want to make something very, very clear… Your skin! Get your summer glow this summer with beautiful, healthy, skin. Gorgeous skin doesn’t simply come naturally, but with just a few easy tips and tricks away! Read below to find out more about how to stay smooth this summer.
Healthy Skin Tips & Tricks
- Clean Skin is Happy Skin: Remember to wash your face twice a day, once when you wake up and once before bed. Cleansing away unwanted dirt and dry skin is the easiest way to keep your skin healthy. If your morning routine isn’t making the cut, try out a facial for that extra glow! A Glycolic Peel or a more personalized Problem-prone or Acne Prone Skin Facial may be right for you!
- Stay Hydrated: The average person needs to drink up to a half gallon of water a day. Drinking water will not only keep you hydrated, but it will hydrate your skin! Stay moisturized with hydrating lotion and skin products. If your skin is drying up, even after applying lotion, try a Hydrating Skin Treatment.
- Healthy Eating Habits: Practice healthy eating habits daily and your skin will show the results. Load your diet with antioxidants and superfoods, like salmon. Your skin will stay evenly toned and moisturized for longer.
- Exercise: Getting your sweat on will not only make you feel great but look great too. Your heart rate increases while you work out, as it increases, blood and oxygen continue to flow all around your body, evening your skin tone and reducing stress.
- Reduce Stress: Stress leads to acne and clogged pores. Unwanted breakouts from stress can be treated with exercise or relaxing activities. Live life lavishly and get a full body massage or day trip to the spa. Tension reduction and loose muscles will make you feel relaxed, leaving no time for breakouts!
- Wear SunScreen: We are not your mom… but you should definitely wear sunscreen daily, even if you’re not going to be in the sun for a while. Sunscreen protects from UV rays that can cause sun damage to your skin. Burns and even skin cancer can be avoided through sunscreen and a hat for face protection. The FDA recommends a broad-spectrum sunscreen of SPF 15 or higher. This should be reapplied every 2-hours and after swimming, sweating, or showering.
- Mani-Pedi Time: Treat yourself to a mani pedi. After taking care of the skin on your face, don’t neglect your hands and feet. Callus build up throughout the winter needs a chance to be rejuvenated with a pedicure.
- Wax It All Off: It’s a lot easier to wax off hair than it is to shave. Save some time this summer and get that clean-cut look. Now is the perfect time to get a wax. Waxing hair, as opposed to plucking, will help your hair grow in slower and finer. This will make for longer periods of time in between shaves and less time overall shaving, perfect for a summer lifestyle.
Get that glowing summer glam you’ve always dreamed of! Salon James offers lavish salon and spa services to those in Baton Rouge and surrounding areas. Our salon offers a unique VIP program that features no wait for your services, and we carry exclusive beauty products for you to try and buy.
At Salon James, you can choose from a range of salon services such as hair, nails, facials, makeup, and massages. We also have day spa packages available. Our salon and spa services are available all 7 days of the week – for ultimate relaxation, stop into Salon James today for you all of your beauty needs. If you want to learn how Salon James can help you look better and feel better, visit salonjamesbr.com or give us a call at (225) 636-2220. Stay connected and follow us on facebook and instagram!